By Urs Cunningham | Posted: Saturday February 5, 2022
Ordinarily we make this a social occasion where whānau can come and spend time hanging out at school, having some kai and getting to know each other a little. However, Red level settings mean we sadly cannot currently gather as a community. As such, hubs will still be holding their team introductory session, but it will be online.
We will send out a link to these sessions on Friday through Hero. The link will be posted on Hero just before 5pm, and the same link will be used for each hub session. Each hub presentation will last for about 25 minutes, and will consist of some key introductions and sharing of details, along with some time for questions. The key information being covered by each team will be:
- Introducing all kaiako (teachers) in the team
- Explaining the general hub timetable and key learning blocks that happen over a week
- Introducing the hub learning website: where to find key learning details each week, and how to access the different learning areas on the site
- Explaining how the learning website and Google Classroom will be used each week, so parents and ākonga (students) can access them from home
- Where you can find weekly planning and timetables
- Who you contact if you have any issues, and how the weekly communication from school will work
The online meeting will be a presentation - parents and whānau will not be able to directly interact with the teachers. However, the chat function will be turned on and throughout the presentation you can share your questions. A school leader will be monitoring the chat and will either answer the questions directly in chat, or will have the teachers answer the questions as part of the Q and A time.
Timing of each presentation
- Koru Hub: 5-5:25pm
- Harakeke Hub: 5:30-5:55pm
- Pōhutukawa Hub: 6-6:25pm
The presentations will be recorded and will be available afterwards if you cannot make the live version. We will also send out the link to the slide deck (set of presentation slides) that each team will use, so you can follow along on your own device if you would like to do so.
We hope to see many of you online during the hub sessions.
The Amesbury team