Amesbury School Vision
When students leave Amesbury School they will be connected, confident, actively involved, lifelong learners.
Connected- in the sense of being a team-player or leader, IT literate, sociable, principled and tolerant
Confident- in the sense of being positive, happy & healthy, responsible, articulate, and self-motivated
Actively involved - in the sense of being engaged, trustworthy, honest, and valuing integrity - as well as being physically active
Lifelong learners - in the sense of being curious & critical thinkers, problem-solvers, numerate & literate, skilled and knowledgeable
- Excellence - encouraging each student to reach his/her potential
- Learning through innovation, inquiry and curiosity - developing motivated, curious, confident, engaged, innovative thinking, self-managing learners.
- Connectivity with the community - with family, whanau, the environment, local & global communities.
- Positive relationships that reflect equity & integrity - honesty, transparency, empathy in interactions between students, teachers, parents and the wider community.
- Respect for diversity - for self, others, different/diverse cultures and the environment.